6.30.2005

iron shef freaks out....

ask high life about having an unmotivated iron shef in the lineup. no fun at all. still he is one fearsome looking guy at the plate and could be my favorite american yankee.



Sheffield, the Yankees' right fielder, pushed back hard Wednesday after learning that the Mets had asked about obtaining him for outfielder Mike Cameron. In a blitz of a 10-minute interview before the Yankees' game against the Orioles was rained out, Sheffield repeatedly warned teams about the possible repercussions of acquiring him.

"I would never sit out," Sheffield said. "I would go play for them. It doesn't mean I'm going to be happy playing there. And if I'm unhappy, you don't want me on your team. It's just that simple. I'll make that known to anyone."

On Tuesday, Sheffield said that he would not join another team if he were traded and would forfeit his salary. After the trade discussions between the Mets and the Yankees were reported in The New York Post on Wednesday, Sheffield quickly changed his mind about possibly leaving. But he was adamant about being a divisive influence if the Yankees ever moved him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beware of the angry Chef in the lineup. He HATED Milwaukee. He's no Prince Fielder, that's for sure.

H. Life

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home