1.18.2006

a walk home with fredeeky

the transit strike changed my life. i walk everywhere now. i walk from times square to macdougal late at night and i love it. i rock some jams, enjoy a sando and before i know it i'm home. last night i took some snaps and i thought that i would share them with my beloved readers. it's been too long since i shared with you. some of the high lights are the photo of the homeless guy that i paid a dollar to let me take his photo and the guy behind the counter at the deli where i reloaded on batteries to keep the photo essay going.



the jams are a big part of the night walking lifestyle so i thought that i would share the jams that inspired the above photos. there's so much sharing going on right now that it's beautifoo.

you can't take that away from me, ella fitzgerald & louis armstrong/fight test, flaming lips/love - building on fire, talking heads/life on mars, seu jeorge/the way you look tonite, stan getz and chet baker/no breaks, the bravery/timebomb, old 97's/candi bar, keith murray/elderly woman..., pearl jam/stay hungry, talking heads/fix up look sharp, dizee rascal/mr. lonely, akon/i get ideas, louis armstrong

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the insight to your life. I would love to walk more often, but don't because lame work clothes are not comfortable in cold conditions. Are you still walking to work? I loved the Snaps pic makes me all pumped for my squash match tonight.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your art shots here deeky, are the streets really that empty? Makes me appreciate my walk to/from work too.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am all about the walking lifestyle. Transit in the UK is expensive. A taxi? forget about it.

I load up the POD with some nasty british pop of the likes of Bloc Party for some good street walking or even some Belle and Sebastian for the park system...

Post some more playlists..

11:26 AM  
Blogger svendeezy said...

i feel you dog, i feel you

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home