12.14.2004

yet another window into the life of fredeeky...

fredeeky has very little extended family, so when i went out to dinner with my mother's twin sister and her boyfriend it was the most family i had seen in at least a year. my mom and her sister do not get along and the folks showed up about 20 minutes late leaving me, my aunt and her boyfriend len to chat it up. len turns out to be quite a character. he's a local boy and was the head of the communist party in brooklyn in the 1950's. i think that i was a little too excited about this. for some reason the fact that this guy was a commie leader during the mccarthy years fascinated me. this was a guy who had less than a minute ago referred to his time share in cancun as his "unit", so this was a serious step up in the conversation. needless to say he went on and on about his fbi file and j. edgar hoover and how much he loved (and still loves) the communist ideals and before i knew it i was already looking for the waiter to get my second drink. i hadn't been at the table for more than about five minutes, but i had already wolfed down a bourbon on the rocks cause that's how hard core i am. just as a side note, the waiter was a total douche wagon (thanks to andre the giant for coining one of my new favorite terms). he asked me my name and then started calling me by it. (i hate that. that cocky bastard should be calling me sir and staying the f out of my way.) anyway i got my sweet revenge when he refered to the special as croquets rather than croquettes and my father burst out laughing and then started miming croquet gestures much to my delight. me and him were laughing it up like crazy while the rest of the table shifted in their seats uncomfortably. this guy had to stand there steeping himself in his own hot shame until i had finished laughing at him. total highlight. i really hated that waiter, but i did get to dine with one of the great brooklyn born commies of this, or any other generation. so i got that going for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this early christmas present 'deeky.
i still can't remember my username or password.
-k-dog

3:49 PM  
Blogger fredeeky said...

great comment earl. my favorite definish:
"to enter ones penis in to a pumpkin"
"I put the pumkin in the microwave so when I douche wagoned it it was warm in sticky just like a real goat."

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home