7.10.2006

earl tracks down this intriguing little gem...



Lessons learned

1. Fabric paint is a pain in the ass to deal with, and must be applied with a heavy hand if sharp edges on lines are desired. It would have probably helped if I had not worn and washed the unitard before painting, as that caused the fabric to pill somewhat, making it much harder to get the paint down into the fabric.
2. If you superglue something to a painted surface, you're not gluing to the item itself, but to the paint. I should have waited the specified 7 days for maximum chip resistance (which means maximum hardness and curing) before trying to glue the el-wire to it.
3. No matter how hard you try, the colors will never match exactly. Don't obsess about it; do the very best you can and quit worrying.
4. I got some slack cut because this was my first masquerade. It'll be tougher to win something next year...and it was suggested that, while I could re-enter this costume, doing so very many times would not be wise. Now, all I have to do is come up with another idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home