4.24.2006

don't know why it took me so long to link to this one...



"Can we just pretend you're a mate of Johnny's, and you've just stopped by to hang out?" he asks. Shortly after he says this, Doherty taps a bit of heroin onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Rolling up a second square of foil into a long tube, he peers through it, briefly, as if it's a sailor's scope, then cooks the heroin with a lighter and, using the tube as a straw, inhales.

Over the next three hours, Doherty will also smoke crack, shoot heroin and take an Ecstasy pill. He does all of this casually, and openly, except for the shooting up, which he performs near the kitchenette, with his back to us. He offers me heroin and Ecstasy but not crack. I decline. The more drugs Doherty does, the more he seems to relax. He never becomes incoherent, though occasionally he seems confused. At one point, while we're talking, he stares at my feet and says, "Could you take your shoes off, please?" I tell him that I already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home