1.23.2006

a new twist on the barry beck hockey report...

from an e mail barry sent about this weekend man's league action. thanks to barry for sharing his glory with the rest of us. great work by him.



I had gotten cross checked across my chest in front of our net two shifts earlier and I was pissed and wanted to take off this guy's head. Then I was lurking on the blue line trying to hold it strong as they had sent floaters and cherry pickers all night long behind me. I read this pass through the middle of the high slot like the post I read on the pot earlier that morning. After controling the puck I felt pressure from all sides and fired a slapper high to the stick side. It sort of handcuffed the keeper and he got a piece of it with his blocker but the shot was so heavy that it went in. I made a wide rink turn after seeing it hit the netting and looked at the opposing teams bench and gave a few fist pumps on one skate. It felt good. In the final minutes they applied some serious pressure and even pulled their goalie with 2 mins to play. I blocked a shot from the point and we iced it a few times to kill off the clock. I was +1 for the night as my D partner aslo scored on a nice rush. For sure I was the first or second star of the game.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's men's league? is that professional sports?

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a bunch of older dudes playing sports. sort of a recreational league.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE JOB DEEKY

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home