5.24.2005

the reggie roby two iron report...



So I was sort of dreading playing golf with the work posse. As I think you all will agree, it is alright to go out with the work crew every now and then, but to give up a Sunday of golf with the Fantastic Four, well that was a little too much work qt for me. However, I felt obligated to play as I am new to the sports group and I thought it would be a good way for me to assimliate into the gorup. Not to mention it was a nice invite.

From the first horn of the work week the trash talking begins. So and So played in Highschool... Choner plays with blades, so he has to be good... Roby dresses the part... Gluckman plays granpa golf ... etc. So we finally decide on a match play format muc
h like the masters. Friday we pick captains out of a hat, they have all day to decide how they are going to pick their players. We all have to enter what we think we will shoot and not sandbag. I say a Hundo considering my last rounds of 109 and 89 I thought I was being more than fair. We get to the bar friday afternoon and Who is Number one pic, that's right, yours truly. the two captains decide to pic this macho man last which was only one of the funniest things I have ever seen. He would not shut up about how he was better than the 7 other players and they would all pay on Sunday.

Finally Sunday arrives I have a lot of Pressure on me being the first pic and never playing the course. I am slightly worried I will choke like Greg Norman in a major. I arrive early to Mattawang as I was already in Dirty Jerz. I hit a few balls and putt around for a while. All of a sudden two cars show up and the other 7 pile out like Spicoli from Fast times. There is a whirl wind of activity as every one checks in and gets ready to go. Trash talk is still flying but I realize a lot of the bravodo has been brought on by some pre-noon swing lube. We all tee off and I feel a lot better as I am definetley one of the better players. I cruise through the front with and 47. Not spectacular, but fair against the competition. When we make the turn, I see that the 30 pack of swing lube (one in each cart) has really started to take it's effect. Now I go for the jugular and come out blazing on the back nine. I am stroking my drives and draining everything from 10 feet in. I finish up with a 91. All are amazed by my skillz. Shot of the Day 18 with everyone watching I drain a 20 footer.

PS. the greens were cake and I would rather golf with the Fantastic Four/Five/Six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home