2.24.2005

just when we need it most, it's the hipster report courtesy of miller high life...



Some of us haven't had the time or drive to find that "must have" new album, but February, March, April and May are packed with shows you should see. I have broken it down into two sections, my hotlist and the general downtown consensus. None of these are to be missed, many are probably sold out, and info on all of them can be found at www.ohmyrockness.com. Tickets for most shows can be found here or here.
First Teir
Animal Collective - 2/24 - Llano Estacdo; 2/25 - Bowery Ballroom
Luna - 2/26, 27, 28 - Bowery Ballroom (last shows ever)
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - 2/26 Rothko
Castanets - 2/27 - Knitting Factory
Cat Power - 3/9 - Southpaw
Doves - 3/15 - Bowery Ballroom
Slint - 3/17, 3/18, 3/19 - Irving Plaza
The Go! Team - 3/21 - Mercury Lounge; 3/22 - Southpaw
Fiery Furnaces - 4/7 - Northsix; 4/9 - Webster Hall
Magnolia Electric Co. - 4/16 - Knitting Factory
Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Mat Sweeney - 4/21 - Bowery Ballroom
Built to Spill - 5/11. 12, 13 - Irving Plaza

Running out of time, but the following bands are coming through and you probably shouldn't miss them either - Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, Jayhawks (well, Olson and Louris at Bowery), M. Ward, OCMS, Kasabian, etc...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reggie, I can help on some. I will feed your need...

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anybody notice the stuffed shrooms, I have never seen the use of peas? Looks scrumptious!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lunch interview with a girl from Kenyon. So fucking hungry right now I would wreck those shrooms. Can't wait to make her uncomfortable when I offer her sherry – no one ever knows if they should take it or not.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home