9.24.2004

the champgne of soothing music...



Originally I was going to leave my recommendations short and sweet - simply try and make it through any Cat Stevens song without laughing after finding out he's on our terrorist watch list. GWB keeping us safe. My personal choice would be "If You Want to Sing Out" - Harold, Maude, & Osama together at last.

But given all of the hostility on Fredeeky this week, I figured we could use something [even more] uplifting - try Beck's take on Daniel Johnston's "True Love Will Find You in the End" off the recent tribute album, "Discovered, Covered: The Late, Great Daniel Johnston." I doubt many readers of Fredeeky would rave over the original, but Beck hits this one out of the park. This song used to be a staple of Jeff Tweedy's solo shows and his version is worth tracking down as well. I know these recommendations are a little 'touchy-feely", but it seems like everyone had a rough week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home